Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Tinkerbell Themed Birthday Cake

It was my second time to create a Tinkerbell themed cake.  My client saw my first work and requested that she wanted a cake for her daughter's first birthday to be like that one so I didn't let her down.


The three tiered cake which the bottom of the cake was the edible part. The client requested a vanilla - walnut flavored cake filled with vanilla buttercream icing and the middle and top tier to be mock cake.  I covered the cake with fondant icing which I made from scratch (I make all of my cakes, fillings and icings from scratch) and decorated with flowers, leaves and butterflies made of royal icing. 


The number 1 on top of the cake is made of styro which I covered with pink fondant.  The fairies were non edible plastic toys which I put also on the top of the cake for decoration.

 I also made dozen vanilla - walnut flavored cupcakes topped with chocolate buttercream and royal icing pink flowers.  I also made Tinkerbell toppers for the cupcakes to match the themed birthday.

My client loved the cake of her daughter and told me it really made the birthday of her daughter.

More images from www.fairycupcakes.multiply.com

No comments:

Post a Comment