Friday, February 25, 2011

Good Food: Pork Sisig

When I was doing the grocery last week, I bought two cans of ready to eat sisig from the canned goods shelves.  I was really having the moment of craving for that food but I don’t have time to go out to buy one and my taste was looking for the unusual tang of the in house sisig of my cousin.  I would barge inside their house every time I would know he was cooking some.  Just the thought of it makes my mouth drool.  I wonder when will he cook that food again?

But tonight, I decided to do some improvised sisig of my own.  I took one can of that ready to eat sisig and sliced some onions.  I was about to cook it when my husband surprised me a plastic full of that foodie.  He told me it was given by one of his friends and that I should re-heat it instead of cooking some canned food.  I added one whole onion and put some pepper and salt to it to taste.

I would not discuss the health benefits of sisig as I know there is none.  The cholesterol overload food has no valuable nutrients as other people were telling but really this one is satisfying my mouth's craving.  Well, eating this dish in moderation will not harm you at all.


Its Friday night but my husband and I chose to stay at home.  We grabbed some beer and made the re-heated pork sisig our "pulutan".  I don't have much time to go out since I become a mother of two.  Well I thought, we don't need fancy restaurants, waiters to attend our needs and bright lights just to feel the ambiance of a cool dining place.  As long as we have each other and a plenty of nice conversation, even without the sisig would be fine. 

I don't have my own recipe for this.  I need to ask my cousin if he will share his special recipe which makes the whole Barangay hungry for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment