Thursday, February 24, 2011

Good Life: Sofitel's Spiral Buffet

2011 Valentine’s Day, my family had a date at Sofitel Hotel Manila’s Spiral Buffet.   Spiral is one of Manila’s fashionable and expensive buffet eatery with different international food selections; American, Italian, Thai, Chinese, Japanese and not to mention the mouth – watering dessert station.  You need to have a reservation though because when we got there, there were lots of people swarming all over the place.  Couples, families, friends name it.  We also heard that the price of the Spiral buffet got doubled to a P4,200 because of Valentine’s day.  Whew!  
 

I am not fond of soups but when I was able to taste the Tong yang soup (don’t know if this is the right name), wow. It was heaven.  I love the milky taste with a bite of spiciness inside your mouth.   I immediately went to the Japanese cuisine area and binged myself with tempura, California maki and tuna sashimi.  The buffet tables were encumbered of foods that my mind cannot decide what to eat first.

It was Valentines and their dessert table was overloaded with sweet treats like cotton candy, gummy bears, gummy worms, chocolate fountain which you can choose from white or dark chocolate, cakes, pastries and more.  My son munches over with tons of candies.  Well, I know it’s bad for his teeth but it’s just for the night.  


Sofitel's Spiral has this stylish ambiance that all you can think about is to munch over for the good food.  The dining tables were set below the famous Spiral staircase which they got its name.  You can sit beside the window overlooking at the pool where you can relax your mind while having a tasty champagne.  The service was superb.  Their staff were all over the place to attend to your every needs.  You will never see your glass half empty.  The food stations were always full as well.  The sultry voice of the singer serenading you while you are eating heaven sent foods is definitely a fantastic treat.

Expensive food?  Yes.  The satisfaction that you'll get?  Priceless.

1 comment:

  1. I really miss going to Spiral. I am just happy that they are re-opening again. I think you should also join the Spiral photo contest on Facebook, here is the link: http://www.facebook.com/SofitelManila/app_372342376178592

    ReplyDelete